Thursday, June 26, 2003

Welcome To Footballs Are Round



First post for America's Fastest Growing Soccer Website*

I started my two-week trial subscription to Yahoo! Platinum yesterday. I did this to see Colorado v LA, since I didn't see it listed on the Shootout schedule. Is it worth 10 bones a month to see a webcast of an MLS match? I'm not sure yet. The picture was clear, albeit very small. I don't know, I pay 50 bucks a year for the Shootout package on DirecTV, so it would be more than twice that to have a year of teeny-tiny soccer on Platinum. Comments? I'll let you know what I decide, though at this moment, I don't see it happening.

As it turns out, I missed the live broadcast because of a meeting, but saw it later. They immediately archive all the games on Platinum, so you can watch them at any time. One thing I absolutely hated was that they GIVE THE SCORE on the link to the archived game! So instead of seeing the entire match, as it had been ruined by such a wantonly thoughtless act, I skipped around to the goals, having found the time of each on MLSnet's recap.

Chung and Spencer for Colorado, no surprise there. I will NEVER have an MLS fantasy team without Mark Chung on the roster. Probably the most underrated player in the league, next to Steve Ralston.

But ohmygosh! A brace for Chris Albright! Four years in the league and he scored roughly a third of his total goal output in this game! Pod People? Perhaps. Where was that touch in France last week, huh buddy, huh?

What's that?

He didn't go to the Confed Cup? Oh. Never mind. . . . . WELL WHY DIDN'T HE, HUH? HUH?

Over/Under on a BigSoccer poster berating Bruce Arena for not having Chris on the squad: Noon today.

If I had some money lying around somewhere, I'd buy a ticket and go see US/Paraguay July 6 in Columbustown. Hang out at the tailgate with some BigSoccer folks, drink a little, scream spanish imprecations at the Paraguayans (ok, not the last part. I got nothin' 'gainst no Paraguayans). Ah well.

*among soccer websites published out of my house

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home