Thursday, September 22, 2005

STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS: FCD v GALAXY SEPTMEBER 21 2005

The fuego is back. The swagger is back. Back heels, shots at impossible angles, shoving people off the ball like they were children, nutmegs, scoring late goals instead of runnng to the corner. All that. We are bad***es again, just like in the spring.

Some days, it would have been better to stay in bed. I was having a day like that. Until 7:30. Then Kevin Hartman started having a day like that. I think it was a fair trade.

Oh how I wish I had been in Sec. 116 with the Inferno for the second half, helping bring tears to Kevin Hartman's eyes. I'm sure the first thing that went through his mind when he gave up the own-goal was "Aw Man, I gotta go stand by the Inferno next half."

Poor Hartman was just now beginning to live down his MLS Cup gaffe in 1999. Now this. I kinda feel bad for him. Except for the whole 'he plays for Los Angeles' thing. I hope he starts next Wednesday too.

That was the most beautiful half of soccer I have ever seen (this summer). All three goals could've been prevented, but all three were beautiful. My hope was that in the second half we'd humiliate them so badly they'd come out for the USOC final with white flags waving, metaphorically. Or maybe just concede ahead of time. I'd take that.

Word is that Brian Dunseth got 2 games and a $1000 fine for elbowing Mina on Sunday. Now Mina's just pissed. The Galaxy have paid for Dunseth's sins. Who's next, please?

I'm glad Abe Thompson scored to make it 4 goals. As anyone who sat through the Wednesday Night Massacre back in '99 can tell you, there is no such thing as scoring too many goals on the Galaxy. Somewhere, Mark Dodd is laughing his head off tonight.

Why didn't Landon Donavan play tonight? What?

Leave Bobby Rhine alone!

What are we to make of the fact that the absence of EJ and Ruiz seemed to make us better over the last two games? It's like the Justice League of America becoming better crime fighters after Superman and Batman get injured. I don't get it.

Cindy and I were watching the Revs/Crew match before the game came on. Cindy: That guy (Jonny Walker) looks OLD! Me: You would too if you played for Columbus.

What happened to Infernosaurus? Do I need to call John Walsh?

There's nothing like a close-up shot of Steve Sampson after a 4-1 thrashing. Nothing.

That's all folks. See you Sunday for SanJoseAmericaEarthQlash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home