Sunday, November 16, 2003

Wow.

Again with the overtime heroics. It looks like SJ are the team of destiny. They will beat Chicago next weekend, as improbable as that sounds. Trust me, you've seen my history with predictions already. It's a lock. Call your bookie, place your bet. It's a done deal (Disclaimer: the author is not responsible for economic calamity caused by following his advice).

I didn't actually watch this game. Love is like that ('nuff said). Thank goodness for MLS Wrap.

I am going to find a way to watch the final and keep my relationship intact, however. Really. I mean it.

In other news, my beloved Dallas Burn announced they're going back to the Cotton Bowl next season. I would have bet big money they weren't going to make this sensible and fan-friendly move. The front office and Mr. Hunt deserve kudos for this. They saved some money this season by going to Southlake, but enough was enough. It was a horrible place to play and watch soccer. The Frisco stadium groundbreaking is close to happening, we're back at the venerable CB until then, our horrible record this season has earned us some prime draft picks, we're getting a new coach, and we have an allocation coming. Things are looking up in Bid D.

I met Mr. Hunt, once, very briefly. For a billionaire, he is a marvelously unassuming, friendly and humble person. You can't really second guess his decisions, if you go by his history. He practically made the NFL what it is. His vision is keen, and his track record impeccable. I've heard Dallas fans complain that he's cheap, but I imagine you don't remain a billionaire by being loose with your money. Wait until MLS is an established American institution, then we can become spendthrift. I'm pretty happy he's calling the shots; we could do a lot worse. This man believes in American Soccer, and has the means to back up his vision. Can't beat that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home